Owners and occupiers have responsiblities to plan for the potential for fire under the Fire and Rescue Service Act 1990(FRSA) and the Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008 (BFSR).
- having clear evacuation routes
- conducting fire evacuation planning and instruction
- maintaining fire safety installations
This document (PDF 91kb) from the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services provides more detail.
Other documents which you may find useful are
- Sample Critical Defect document (PDF 86kb)
- Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems and Equipment (Australian Standard 1851 – 2005 including amendment 2) (PDF 53kb)
- Commissioning and Maintenance of Fire Safety Installations QDC MP 6.1 (PDF 71kb)